Considering buying from Back Market, but not sure if it’s safe? Shopping for refurbished items can be a great way to save money, and Back Market is one of the best places for affordable refurbished items. While substantial discounts in the marketplace may be attractive, is it really worth shopping there?
In this article, we’ll take a look at Back Market, how it works, and what customers have to say about it. In addition, we will share some tips to help you have the best shopping experience.
What is the aftermarket?
rear market is an online marketplace where refurbished items are sold at incredibly low prices. Most of the market is dominated by electronics, with a small portion coming from home and kitchen products. However, the market is slowly transforming into other categories.
According to the Back Market Help CenterThe company is headquartered in France, but serves customers in more than 14 European countries and the United States.
How does BackMarket work?
Back Market provides a marketplace for third-party sellers to sell refurbished items at a discount. Therefore, it acts as an intermediary between sellers and consumers. Everything that customers buy is shipped directly from the merchants themselves.
Does that mean that buying there is risky, since third-party sellers cannot be trusted? That is not the case, and there is a good reason for this: not everyone can sell on the market. Only a third of merchants are approved to sell on their marketplace after a rigorous vetting process.
In order for the company to fulfill its promise, it makes sure that the products sold in the market come from a legitimate supplier, are in good condition, and the sellers are capable of delivering what they promised. However, does the market treat its customers like royalty and is it legitimate?
Is the aftermarket legit?
Without any doubt, Back Market is a legitimate market. This is why:
- Founded in 2014, the company has been in business for more than eight years.
- Since the company has expanded to almost 15 countries, it is not a shady business.
- The company has good ratings on Trustpilot, which suggests that its customers are satisfied.
- Market sellers are verified, so there is less risk of being scammed.
- In addition to offering a 1- or 2-year warranty, the company offers a 30-day money-back guarantee.
The above reasons may lead you to believe that the company is trustworthy. However, before you make a purchase, read what others have to say about the company and find out how to make a safe purchase.
What do Back Market buyers think?
Back Market (UK) has an excellent rating of 4.5 out of 5 in trusted pilot, and more than 80% of the ratings are 5 stars. Market ratings are staggering elsewhere as well. This clearly shows how satisfied customers are with Back Market. In addition, it indicates that their vetting process for approving limited sellers has been quite effective.
However, like any brand or company, they also have dissatisfied customers, citing the following concerns:
- Serious technical problems with the purchased items.
- Items may be damaged or have broken screens.
- There is no refund of the order placement fee, even if the order is cancelled.
- Some sellers do not always provide post-sale support.
- Bad experiences with Back Market customer service.
However, there are more satisfied customers than dissatisfied ones, as mentioned above. So the main question is: “How can you avoid facing the same problems that dissatisfied customers face and still be satisfied with your purchase?”
Tips for shopping safely on the Marketplace
First of all, always look Renewed Certified Products when browsing the Back Market. These items are reconditioned by the brands themselves and not by third parties. This makes these products more reliable. Although they may cost a little more than third-party sellers, it’s well worth the extra expense.
With third-party sellers, it’s hard to predict that refurbished products will be nearly new and flawless. However, these tips will help you buy the right item:
- Before making a purchase, read the reviews of other buyers.
- Choose a seller who has been selling on the market for a long time rather than a new one.
- Avoid offers that sound too good to be true.
- Make sure you choose a reliable delivery service. Back Market is not responsible if a package is lost or damaged due to negligence on the part of the chosen delivery service.
- Choose an item from a seller who offers a guarantee.
- Don’t buy from sellers that have very few reviews and be on the lookout for fake reviews.
- Compare the original retail price of the item to the refurbished price offered by the seller. It is better not to do it if the difference is not significant.
How good is the Back Market sales process?
Back Market has super smooth order placement and order processing. In addition to offering multiple payment options such as Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, and Affirm, the marketplace offers a simple payment process.
In addition, you will receive a tracking ID at the order processing stage, which you can use to track your order until it arrives at your address. Needless to say, Back Market makes shopping there a smooth and safe experience.
Please note, however, that the courier service may vary depending on your location, so please confirm with Back Market customer service and choose the best option.
What should you do after shopping at Back Market?
Once you have made your purchase and the item has arrived at your door, you must do the following:
- Review the article for any faults. Cell phone audio should be checked as most users often experience problems with sound.
- Keep track of the number of days until you receive your refund. Please be sure to test the product properly in order to return it in time if it is defective.
- Remember to leave a comment about your purchase so that other buyers can benefit from your experience.
However, if the deals at Back Market don’t appeal to you, you can shop at other online electronics stores.
A limited budget often forces you to choose refurbished items over new. If you are also planning the same, Back Market is a good option worth checking out. We hope this guide has helped you better understand Back Market. Now you can buy with more security and confidence.
When making a purchase, follow the advice in the article. Also, if you shop online regularly, be aware of the security risks that come with it.