If your Samsung Galaxy phone does not update the time zone when you are in another country, you can change it yourself. That’s how.
The date and time displayed on your Samsung phone reflect the region the device believes you are in and are accurate most of the time. But in case it is not on your phone, you can manually change it in settings.
Let’s see how to change the time zone on your Samsung Galaxy phone.
How to change the time zone on your Samsung phone
When you first set up your Samsung phone, the device uses your location to estimate the time zone you are in. Since this is an automated process, you don’t have to configure it manually.
However, if you are going to travel, you can change it by following these steps:
- Go to Settings > General management > Date and time.
- Deactivate automatic time zone and touch Select the time zone.
- Faucet Region and select your region from the list, then select the appropriate time zone.
- If the date and time are still incorrect, turn off Automatic date and time and select them manually by touching Set the date Y set time respectively.
- You may consider switching to military time standard by activating Use the 24-hour format.
Note that if the region you selected has only one time zone, it will be automatically selected and the option to change it will be grayed out. If you are not sure what time zone you are in, consider using the time zone map discover.
If you want to keep track of two time zones at once, use the Dual Clock widget in the Samsung Clock app. It’s one of many useful Samsung widgets that you can add to your home screen. Alternatively, you can use the World widget in the Google Clock app to view the time zones of up to 32 cities at once.
Set the proper time on your Samsung phone
In most cases, you won’t need to manually change the time, date, and time zone on your phone, as the device will automatically detect them using your location. However, if it’s set incorrectly on your phone for some reason, or you travel frequently, then manually changing it is the way to go.