Enjoy playing games on your Xbox and talking with your friends on Discord, all in one place.
Using the Xbox and Discord chat integration can help you extend your online gaming experience and break down the barriers between gaming platforms.
With Xbox allowing you to join any desired Discord server and voice channel right from your console, socializing online through Discord on Xbox is a very easy process to handle.
If you want to socialize on gaming platforms right from your console with Discord, we can help.
How to set up your Xbox console for Discord
To start joining Discord chats directly from your Xbox, you’ll need to link your Xbox Live and Discord accounts. Even if you’ve already linked these accounts, you may need to link them again to agree to the new Microsoft and Discord terms and conditions.
To link or relink your Xbox Live and Discord accounts from your console, you may want to learn how to use Discord on your Xbox for the fastest way to link your social accounts.
Otherwise, you can link your Discord and Xbox accounts through the Windows Xbox app. To do so, follow these steps:
- Open the Xbox app through Windows and select your profile icon.
- In your profile options, select Settings.
- under the options Billscroll down and select Link next to the Discord icon.
- You will then be prompted to log into your desired Discord account. Once you’ve done that, just select Authorize to link your accounts.
Depending on your Xbox Live sign-in settings, you may need to sign in to your Xbox Live account again after authorizing your Discord account link.
How to join Discord directly on your Xbox
Now that your Xbox and Discord accounts are linked and you’ve agreed to the required terms and conditions, you can start joining Discord chats right from your console.
To join a Discord server on your Xbox, follow these steps:
- press the xbox to open the guide menu.
- scroll to parties and talks and select Discord.
- From what was shown serversselect the Discord server you want to join.
- You will then need to select a voice channel of the options displayed.
Once you have selected your desired voice channel, your Xbox will place you directly on your chosen Discord server and channel, which means you will be able to directly join and chat online with other people on the Discord server.
Things to know about joining Discord chats from your Xbox
While joining Discord voice channels through your Xbox console is convenient and helps break down platform barriers, there are a few things about Discord on Xbox that you might want to know about.
- Despite being able to join Discord voice servers and channels, you cannot create new servers and channels through your console.
- If you try to invite someone else to your Discord server or channel through your Xbox, your Discord chat will immediately close and be replaced with a standard Xbox Live Party.
- You can only manage your Discord audio settings through your Xbox and you’ll still need to access the Discord app to manage your channel’s or other people’s audio settings.
So while joining Discord voice chats on your Xbox is great for socializing online and provides a convenient and easy way to socialize outside of Xbox chats, some drawbacks can slow down your experience.
With that said, you might want to learn some of the best tips and tricks for Discord to fix some of the shortcomings of the Xbox implementation.
Expand your social gaming experience with Discord
By taking full advantage of the ability to join Discord voice chats from your Xbox console, socializing across platforms becomes a simple and streamlined experience, consistent with console gaming, even if there are a few flaws.
To keep your social gaming experience free from platform restrictions, you might want to check out the best Discord servers available to expand not only your social experience with Xbox and Discord, but also the games you play.