Fall Guys is a battle royale title that many players install through Epic Games. However, some Fall Guys players see an Epic Games account error message with a code 200_001 when launching that game. Users are unable to play Fall Guys due to this Epic Online Services issue.
Is the same bug spoiling your fun with Fall Guys? If so, then this is how you can fix error code 200_001 in Windows 11/10.
1. Check the server status for Epic and Fall Guys
Since the 200_001 error message refers to Epic Online Services, first check if there are any server-side issues. Server-side issues rarely occur for Epic titles, but Fall Guys and Fortnite can sometimes go down for scheduled maintenance. You can check for server-side incidents in the epic status page. Click epic online services Y Fall Guys on that page to see if they are fully operational.
If that page shows Epic Online Services or Fall Guys is not operational, you probably can’t resolve the 200_001 error yourself. Please wait a few days until the server side issue is fixed. Then try starting Fall Guys again.
2. Sign out and return to Epic Games
Signing out and back into an Epic Games account is a simple fix for potential error 200_001 that has worked for some Fall Guy players. So maybe doing the same will work for you too. You can sign out and access Epic Games by following the steps below:
- Open your Epic Games Launcher software.
- Click the round bead button on the right side of the Epic Games window.
- Select the Disconnect menu option
- Then restart Epic Games and select Check in in the same menu.
- Enter your Epic Games account details into the login boxes.
Now go to your Epic Games library and launch Fall Guys from there. Did this resolution work for you? If not, continue with the solution for the third potential error 200_001.
3. Check Fall Guys
The Fall Guys verification is among the most widely confirmed fixes for the 200_001 error. Epic Games has a Verify option that scans Fall Guys files when selected. That’s a good troubleshooting option because it fixes corrupt installations and restores game files. This is how you can check Fall Guys:
- Run the Epic Games client software.
- Click Library in the left sidebar to see your games.
- Then click on the ellipsis (…) button for Fall Guys.
- Select Manage to access the Verify button.
- Click Verify to start a Fall Guys file analysis.
The verification scan is likely to be quick because Fall Guys is not a great game in terms of storage size. A verification progress bar will appear below Fall Guys in your game library. Wait for the verification scan to finish before closing Epic Games.
4. Check Windows system files
If the Fall Guys check doesn’t work, run a System File Checker scan. The System File Checker (SFC) tool checks Windows files. You can run an SFC scan inside the command prompt like this:
- First, select the Windows Search tool taskbar shortcut (the magnifying glass button).
- Writes Symbol of the system inside the text box of the search utility.
- Click Symbol of the system with the right mouse button to select a Execute as an administrator option.
- Then run this System File Checker command:
- Wait for the System File Checker utility to finish scanning.
The length of time an SFC scan will take can vary, but typically it is not much longer than 20 minutes. It will display a Windows Resource Protection message when finished. If the output says that SFC found corrupt files but could not repair them, try running the following command before running a second SFC scan:
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
The RestoreHealth command runs a Deployment Image Health Management scan. That scan applies repairs to the system image, which can fix the SFC tool not working.
5. Empty the DNS
The 200_001 error can also arise due to network failures. Resetting an Internet connection by flushing DNS can feasibly resolve these issues. Try flushing your PC’s DNS by following the steps below:
- Run Command Prompt as administrator according to the instructions in the first three steps of the solution above.
- Enter this flushdns command and press Get into:
- Also, run all of the following commands:
netsh winsock reset
- Then exit Command Prompt and click on the Start menu Can > Resume options
Try to play Fall Guys after the reset. If the 200_001 error persists, don’t give up! The following potential resolution below might resolve the issue.
6. Switch to a Google DNS server
Your PC’s DNS server may not be very reliable. Some users have been able to fix the 200_001 error by changing their PCs’ DNS servers to better alternatives, such as Google. Therefore, changing the DNS server settings on your PC is another possible 200_001 error fix worth trying.
You can change your DNS server settings through the Control Panel. See our guide to changing DNS servers for complete instructions. You will need to enter 18.104.22.168 Y 22.214.171.124 in the Preferred and Alternate DNS boxes to switch to the Google server.
7. Uninstall and reinstall a Visual C++ Redistributable Package
Error 200_001 can occur due to a missing or corrupted Visual C++ Redistributable Package. Reinstalling the latest Visual C++ package on your PC might resolve this issue. Follow these steps to reinstall the latest version of the Visual C++ Redistributable on your PC:
- Open the Windows apps and features uninstall tool to see the installed software in Settings.
- Input VisualC++ inside the app’s search box.
- Click the menu button (with three dots) for the latest version of the Visual C++ package. In Windows 10 settings, you can select the package.
- Select the Visual C++ package uninstall option.
- Open the download page Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable packages in a web browser.
- Click the X64 permalink for the Visual Studio 2015-2022 C++ package.
- Next, open the Explorer folder browser and the directory containing the downloaded Visual C++ redistributable package.
- double click VC_redist.x64.exe to see a Visual C++ 2015-2022 installer window.
- Select the I agree checkbox for license terms.
- Click Install to end.
Then close the installer when it says “setup successful”. Select to restart your laptop/desktop. Open the Epic Games Launcher and run Fall Guys to see if the issue persists.
8. Reinstall Fall Guys
Reinstalling Fall Guys will probably resolve the 200_001 error if the game installation is corrupted. Since the game only weighs about two gigabytes, reinstalling it will not take that much time. Uninstall and reinstall Fall Guys through Epic Games by following the steps below:
- Open the Epic Games Launcher window and click on your Library eyelash.
- Click the Fall Guys menu (ellipsis) button.
- Then click on Fall Guy’s uninstall option.
- After uninstalling, select Fall Guys in your Library eyelash.
- press the Install button to reinstall the latest version of Fall Guys.
Wait for the game to download and reinstall. As stated above, it probably won’t take long given the size of Fall Guys. However, users with laptop PCs should still plug in the laptops to make sure their batteries don’t run out during download.
Enjoy Fall Guys again
With error 200_001 fixed, you can get back into the Fall Guys action again. The resolutions in this guide will probably resolve the 200_001 error for most Fall Guys players.
These potential solutions do not come with a 100 percent guarantee, but many players have fixed that problem by applying them. If they don’t work for you, we recommend submitting a request to Epic Support.