The Xbox Store is constantly running game deals and deals, but with so many alternate deals and sales for specific game genres and developers, it’s easy to miss it when a game you desperately want is on a cut price.
Luckily, with Xbox, there’s a way you can make sure you’re notified every time one of your most-wanted games goes on sale and never miss a chance to save by setting up store notifications.
If you’re interested in setting up store notifications on Xbox to help you save money, we can help.
Why setting up a wish list with notifications can save you money on games
To set up store notifications to save money in the Xbox Store, you’ll first need to set up an Xbox Store Wish List. However, to sufficiently manage your Xbox Store and Wish List, you may want to first familiarize yourself with your Xbox’s dashboard navigation and user interface before using the Xbox Wish List feature.
The Xbox Store Wish List is a feature that allows you to select all of the potential games you want to purchase in one convenient menu option within the Xbox Store page on consoles.
The Xbox wish list is the only way you can set notifications for specific game listings. By doing so, your console can send you notifications whenever one of the games you have on your Wish List goes on sale or drops in price.
So, if you decide not to buy a game at full price and want to wait for the price to drop, if the game is on your Wish List, your console will notify you as soon as the game’s price drops, saving you money.
How to manage and add to your Xbox wish list
Now that you know that the Xbox Wish List is essential for storing notifications, let’s take a look at how to find, set up, and add to your Xbox Wish List on consoles. To find your Xbox wish list, follow these steps:
- Press the Xbox button to open the guide menu.
- Navigate to the bottom of the guide and select the tab to Store.
- Once the Xbox Store loads, use the options on the left side of your screen to access liza.
- From here, you will see options for Wish list Y recently seen. Select Wish list.
If you’ve never used your Wish List before, your console will load an empty list of games. To start receiving potential money-saving notifications for the games you’re interested in, you’ll need to start adding games to your Wish List. To add Xbox games to your wish list, follow these steps:
- Use the Xbox Guide menu to select and access the Store.
- From the main Xbox Store menu, press the Y button to open the search function.
- Write the name of the game you want to add to your wish list and press the button Menu search button.
- Once you have found your game, press the button Menu button and select Add to wish list.
Once you’ve added a game to your Wish List, simply return to the Wish List menu to see the games you want to start receiving save notifications for.
How to set store notifications for games within your wishlist
Now that you know how to set up and navigate your Xbox Store Wish List, you’re ready to start receiving notifications of deals and savings on the games you care about.
Fortunately, just like setting your own custom gamerpic on Xbox, notifications on Xbox are fully customizable. To start receiving notifications from the store on your Xbox console, just follow these steps:
- From your Xbox home screen, press the Xbox button to open the guide.
- This time press the right bumper to navigate to options for Profile and system.
- Select settings.
- Once your Xbox setup page loads, highlight preferences and select notifications.
- From here select xbox notifications and choose preferences for Store.
- make sure that Save notifications to Y Wish list products on sale both are enabled.
With both Save notifications to Y Wish list products on sale enabled, your Xbox will always notify you whenever an item on your Wish List drops in price or goes on sale, and you’re ready to start saving money on the games you want.
Tailor your Xbox preferences to best meet your needs
By modifying your Xbox store preferences and enabling sales notifications, you are tailoring your console to better suit your requirements, while enhancing your Xbox experience.
Other ways to enhance your Xbox experience by tailoring your console to your needs include saving money on energy and adjusting your Xbox’s power settings. This means that Xbox can not only help you save money, but it can also help you reduce your energy consumption.